Wsus updating non domain computers
Wsus updating non domain computers - Sex video chat with girls as an stanger
Regarding Smart Drv's post, and the thread linked mentions it, I got it to work on my WSUS server by adding the MIME type to IIS. I think all I did after that was restart the WSUS Service and I was able to update my 1511 machines to 1607.Only annoying bit about this has ben having to upgrade the VM that is my main WSUS server to be compatible with Workstation 12 from 11.something so I could setup a larger disk for the update files.
It likes to get stuck downloading updates and never go anywhere.(Granted I run/test a lot of MS OS's and apps, but 600GB wasn't enough.) Once I move it to v Sphere I'll be able to give it more space. They're (to our eternal frustration) trying be as close to the STIG recommendations as possible, and asked us to setup GPOs based on that for testing.Problem #1 is whoever is making those STIG recommendations has never, tried to use a PC bound by those settings, because it leaves machines unusable.The powershell script does help kick machines that seem to be wandering aimlessly instead of just installing the updates in the pants.And the ADMX is slightly different, so our security folks will have to review it again.We'll choose a less disruptive strategy for future WSUS updates.2.
Clients have upgraded to 1706 using Anniversary Update, but cannot get Cumulative Updates This is a bug in the Windows client that will be fixed in an upcoming cumulative update.I do have them checking for updates every hour from my WSUS server though, and to expedite the process I run a Power Shell script to force it to check & install after the script I'm installing apps manually (we're still in POC/demo mode). Updates#Download updates.$Session = New-Object -Com Object Microsoft. I can confirm that it's going against the correct wsus server.Here's the script, which I didn't write, but don't have the link handy ATM. I've cloned my deployment task sequence with the only difference being that one is using the 1511 media and the other the 1607.Problem #4 is if you apply all the GPO's to a Windows 10 machine, for some unknown reason they can't be removed, replaced, or updated even if you leave the domain altogether. So while part of the team works with Microsoft to attempt to untangle that cluster, we're going the opposite way and put in the basics we need like drive mappings, app settings, proxies and the like, make sure that works, then add the recommended settings until something breaks.We'll then undo the last change, note it and move, then repeat until we run out of settings to apply. Regarding Smart Drv's post, and the thread linked mentions it, I got it to work on my WSUS server by adding the MIME type to IIS. I think all I did after that was restart the WSUS Service and I was able to update my 1511 machines to 1607.This thread seems to better outline the behavior I'm seeing.https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ...